The Advantages of Including Pumpkin Seeds in Your Diet Plus Few recipes!
Who would have guessed that the nutty and sweet-tasting pumpkin seeds had so many health benefits? But it is correct! These edible seeds derived from pumpkin fruit are high in nutrients and make an excellent snack. Snacking on pumpkin seeds is healthful and nutritious no matter what diet you follow (within reason!).
Another benefit that makes them a must-have in your diet is their low cost. Pumpkin seed prices are reasonable, so you won’t have to break the bank.
If you’re wondering what advantages these small seeds provide, read on. Continue reading to learn how to utilize them in recipes.
Benefits of pumpkin seeds
Rich in antioxidants
Pumpkin seeds are inexpensive, yet they provide several health advantages due to their high antioxidant content. It protects our bodies from free radicals, so protecting us from a variety of ailments.
Pumpkin seeds are strong in unsaturated lipids (good fats), such as ALA. You can improve your heart health by eating them in moderation and as part of a balanced diet. It can also control blood sugar and cholesterol levels, which can lead to cardiovascular disease.
Protection against cancer
Carotenoids are abundant in pumpkin seeds. According to several studies, carotenoids can assist your body fight malignancies like breast, prostate, and collateral cancer.
Treatment for bladder problems
According to certain research, pumpkin seeds or pumpkin oil can help cure urinary problems. It can also help with bladder health. However, there has been little research on the subject.
Aids in the management of diabetes
Magnesium is abundant in pumpkin seeds. Diabetes patients benefit from magnesium because it helps manage blood sugar levels.
Zinc and vitamin E are abundant in pumpkin seeds. Both of these boost our immunity since zinc reduces inflammation and vitamin E aids in the fight against infections.
Pumpkin seeds recipes are the star!
Roasted pumpkin seeds
Whole pumpkin seeds– 1 ½ cup
Melted butter – 2 tbsp
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F. Put the melted butter, salt, and seeds in a mixing bowl. Mix them thoroughly! (Alternatively, unsweetened nut butter or ghee can be used.)
2. Place the pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes. Continue to stir. Before eating, sprinkle with pepper powder.
Strawberry and Pumpkin seeds smoothie recipes
Fresh or dried strawberries- 1 ½ cup
Greek or vegan yogurt- 1 cup
Pumpkin seeds– 2 tbsp
1. Combine everything in a blender and mix until smooth. Fill a glass halfway with ice.
2. Now stir in the pumpkin seeds (raw or roasted). The crunchy texture of the seeds will enhance the flavor of the smoothie.
Pumpkin seed protein bars recipes
Pumpkin seeds– 1 cup
Flax seeds- 1 cup
Oats- 1 cup
Butter/ghee- 1 cup melted
Cacao powder- 2 tbsp
Vanilla essence- 1tbps
Dates or date syrup
1. Blend everything in a food processor until it resembles dough.
2. Spread a white sheet on a pan and spray it with butter/ghee.
3. Place the mixture on top and push it down.
4. When it’s cold enough to handle, cut it into squares and top with pumpkin seeds.
Savory Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
3. Bake for about 1 hour in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until crisp, dry and golden brown.
Caramelized Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
These pumpkin seeds have a sweet and spicy flavor. They have a significantly stronger taste than regular pumpkin seeds.
2. ¼ teaspoon cumin
3. ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
4. ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
5. 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
6. 2 cups raw whole pumpkin seeds, washed and dried
7. cooking spray
8. 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
9. 1 tablespoon olive oil
10. 2 tablespoons white sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (165 degrees C).
2. In a mixing dish, combine pumpkin seeds, brown sugar, cinnamon, and curry powder. Gradually drizzle in the vegetable oil until lightly coated. On a baking sheet, evenly distribute the seeds.
3. Bake for 10 minutes in a preheated oven. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and turn the seeds over. Continue baking, turning seeds every 10 minutes, for 20 to 30 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown.
Mexican-Spiced Pumpkin seeds recipes
Mexican-spiced pumpkin seeds are a tasty variation of the sweet/salty classic. Optional: soak pumpkin seeds in salt water overnight.
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 pinch dried oregano, or to taste
Caramelized Spicy Pumpkin seeds recipes
¼ teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
1 pinch of cayenne pepper
2 cups raw whole pumpkin seeds, washed and dried
2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons white sugar
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, and stir in the toasted pumpkin seeds along with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Cook and stir the seeds until the sugar forms a coating on the seeds, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir the caramelized seeds into the bowl of sugar-spice mixture, toss to coat, and let cool.
Where to buy the best quality pumpkin seeds?
To summarize, pumpkin seeds are healthful, delicious, and guilt-free. Eat them raw, roasted, or in dishes to reap the benefits. And there is no greater offer than vihado pumpkin seeds. So start eating them right away!