QuickBooks Database Server Manager is one of the most important elements of the software. There are a lot of amazing and advanced features and functions available in the software. The server manager is named one of these. This manager has one significant role to play in the software and that is to allow users configuration in multi-user mode. This tool is also responsible for developing the network data file (.ND) for your company file. In other ways you can also recognise this as Intuit’s personalised database managing tool.
With the help of this tool, all the users can easily create network data files and present it on their whole system. Moreover this server manager can also help the user to present the network data files on host workstations as well. Therefore it is very important to install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your desktop for a smooth functioning of this application.
Want to get over QuickBooks Database Server Manager without wasting any precious time on implementing tiresome troubleshooting procedures? If yes, feel free to get in touch with our QuickBooks professionals by dialing the toll-free number+1-855-738-0359.
What are the uses of QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
We already know how important this element is. Here are some of the important activities that Database Server Manager of Quickbooks can perform include:
- It helps in creating network data files that can be presented on the host network.
- The server manager can also quickly scan the company file of your QuickBooks to check for any harm or corruption.
- This manager can also help in checking your local storage device to detect if a new company file is created automatically or not.
How to install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
Downloading and installing your database manager is very easy. All you need to do is follow a set of steps and it is done. Here is what has to be done.
- To impact the process of installation you will have to double-click on the installer. Then go to “start” and then start the “Wizard” installation.
- After checking a stable internet connection on your desktop, you can then click on “next.”
- Next, all the users will have to select the “All Programs” option and then select “Next.”
- After this, you will have to carefully go through the “Terms of the software license agreement.” Once you have read it all, just agree to the terms and conditions and click on “Next.”
- Post this, you will have to choose “Custom or Network options.” Make the selection based on your needs and preferences.
- Now, you will have to click on the “Yes” button and give the access to the manager.
- Next, you will have to enter the “license number” and then the “product number.”
- Let the process bar get completed. And once that’s done, you will just have to make sure to set up the manager correctly.
Read More – QuickBooks Payroll Error PS060
How to Set Up and Use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
It is quite simple to set up the database server manager with the help of the following steps. Even if you don’t have much technical knowledge, you can still perform the following steps respectively without any guidance.
Step 1: Launch the QuickBooks Server Manager
- In the initial step, choose the Start option and select Programs.
- After that, click on QuickBooks.
- Select the QuickBooks Database Server Manager option.
Step 2: Scanning the folders
In this step, you need to scan the company files that have been stored on the server to make sure that the files have been configured to allow other users to run them easily.
- Firstly, choose the Start option and then select Programs.
- Select QuickBooks and tap on QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- After that, select the Scan Folders option and search for the folders in which the company files have been saved.
- Finally, choose the Scan option.
Step 3: Adding Folders
- Firstly, select the Add folders option.
- And then, choose the folder that you need to add.
- Now, choose the location of the folder that contains the company file.
Step 4: Removing the Folder
- In the first step, select the folders in which the company files have been placed. And then, choose the Remove Folder option.
- Check whether the folder has been deleted or not.
Step 5: Select the Scan Option
- Choose scan the folders present under the folder in which the company files have been placed.
- Once the scanning process has been completed, a list of company files will appear on the screen.
Step 6: Use Monitored Drive Features
The monitored drive feature can be used to update the server manager while adding a new company file to the server. Here are the steps to use this feature.
- The first thing is to choose the start option and click on Programs.
- After that, choose QuickBooks and then select the QuickBooks server manager.
- Now, choose the Monitored Drive option and click on Remove and rename.
- Choose the Select option if you want to monitor all the local drivers.
What if the QB Server Manager Failed to Launch?
There might be instances in which you face issues while launching the server manager. In such cases, follow one of the below-mentioned methods to get it started.
If you have installed both QuickBooks Desktop and Database Server Manager are installed on the server, follow these steps.
- Firstly, open QuickBooks Desktop on the server and choose the File menu.
- Now, click on Open or Restore Company and then select the Company File option.
- Again, select the Next option.
- After that, choose Open the file in multi-user mode and click on open.
- You need to log into the company file and choose Close Company from the File menu.
- Finally, choose the Start menu and write Database in the search field. And, choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
If you have installed only Database Server Manager on the server, follow these steps.
- Firstly, launch the Control Panel by clicking on the Start menu.
- Now, choose Administrative Tools and select Services.
- After that, right-tap on QuickBooksDBXX (XX denotes the QuickBooks version)
- Finally, choose Restart.
Errors that may display while launching the QBDSM
- QuickBooks Database Network Diagnostic Failed
- QB Server has stopped working.
- The Server Manager keeps stopping.
- QBDSM Connection Sharing not allowed.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager is unable to retrieve connected files, etc.
Q1: Does QuickBooks have a Database?
A: QuickBooks Enterprise comes up with a powerful industry-standard SQL database for the growth of your business. This relational database utilizes the client-based technology in multi-user mode to manage access to the QuickBooks company file.
Q2: How to run QuickBooks Server?
Answer QuickBooks Database Server Manager permits you to configure the server for multi-user access and can be accessed by following the steps mentioned below.
First of all, download and install the QuickBooks Desktop.
Choose Switch to Multi-user mode from the QuickBooks File menu.
Finally, click on Yes in the Multi-user hosting setup Window.
This is how you install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your desktop. If you are unable to follow the steps given above we would suggest that you connect to one of our tech experts. They will help you in following all the steps and getting the manager on your desktop in no time.
If You See This issue Then You Can Solve It :- Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15101 Code Easily