What is IP1 license? In complex terms, it’s the license to provide infrastructure of passive kind to telecom industries.
But in simple terms, it’s the permit to serve the nation by providing telecom companies with resources such as towers, antennas, duct space and more so that these companies can actually provide their services.
IP1 License in India is not one that many are aware of. However, slowly and gradually, more and more entrepreneurs are getting interested in it. This blog is going to serve them. Here, you’ll find out about every detail that’s associated with IP1 license in India.
What role does IP1 license India plays in today’s digital world?
The role that IP1 license plays in today’s world is often underestimated. People think of infrastructure providers (ip-1 license holders in India) as companies that are similar to those that provide raw materials.
They couldn’t be more wrong. It’s because of the resources that IP-1 license holders provide that businesses are thriving on the internet and people can get whatever they want in the comfort of their homes.
It’s a bit hard to believe, doesn’t it? Let’s turn you into a believer by giving you an insight into the resources provided by those who bear the IP 1 license:
- Right of Way: When you are walking the crowded streets and look up, you see a cluster of wires passing above the roads, and into buildings. Most of the time, these wires are lined up in such an intrusive way that you might wonder why it’s allowed.It’s all because of right of way. As an infrastructure provider, you have the authority to allow telecom resources like cables, and wires to go through residential and urban regions without being bothered by the authorities.
- Duct Space: Servers are crucial tools providing internet connectivity and ensuring proper work environment in today’s world. However, as electrical equipment, the more connections they have to send the data too, the harder they have to work.That contributes to them getting heated over time. If there is no duct space to vent the heat, the servers can get damaged.
- Cell Towers: Can you imagine wireless communication without cell towers? Of course you can’t. Without these towers, the dream of digital India would have remained a dream.
- Dark fibres: We are way past the dial-up years. Our internet connection speeds are approaching GBs per second. And it’s all because of dark fibres.
It’s the job of infrastructure provider to provide the above resources to telecom companies by renting or leasing them.
But the core of it is the IP1 license registration, a permit without which an infrastructure provider can’t exist.
How to get IP 1 License in India?
In order to get the license, you need to file the IP1 license application form. That’s the long and short of this IP1 license procedure. However, let’s dive into the details of how it happens:
- First, the applicant must give structure to his business idea of providing infrastructure by incorporating it as a private or a public limited company.
- Then, The applicant must file the application for DOT IP1 License. It’s not an online application and requires a more hands-on approach.
- Along with the application, the applicant has to pay the requisite IP1 license fees and submit the required documents.
- The Department of Telecommunication, the authority to which the applicant submits the application, documents and the IP-1 license fees, assesses the application.
- The license is granted to the applicant if the application is filed correctly and the documents are present in the correct manner.
Documents needed for IP1 license
Here is a list of documents that an applicant has to attach with the application of IP1 license:
- Certificate of incorporation
- Memorandum of Association
- Articles of Association
- List of infrastructure
- List of directors
- List of shareholders
- Demand draft of the application processing fee.
So, how is any of the above process quick? It’s simple. None of the procedure steps that have mentioned above, you have to conduct. You can leave the matter to our DOT consultants.