Looking for a complete solution for exporting Outlook PST Contacts to CSV files? If so, you have been placed on the right page. Here we will discuss the most effective solution on how to convert PST contacts to CSV without Outlook installation?
Before we start exporting your Outlook contacts to CSV, let’s take a quick look at the real-life situation the user is experiencing.
The above question indicates that there are several users who want to export your contacts from Outlook PST to CSV file format and Outlook users. So, to understand the whole situation let’s look at what PST and CSV files are.
What are PST and CSV files?
PST (Personal Storage Table) is a file where Microsoft Outlook stores all Outlook items such as calendar events, contacts, tasks, and more. There are many cases where the user needs to find the contacts in the PST file. It could be sharing your cell phone contacts or Google contacts, etc. Users can easily extract their contacts from Outlook PST using the best tool mentioned in this blog. It is a technical tool with many useful features to easily find contacts in PST files. The PST file format represents the Personal Storage Table. This file format is used to store emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, events, and all other personal information used by the Outlook system.
CSV format represents Comma Separated Value. CSV file saves data in table form. Many services support CSV files such as Google contacts, Outlook Application. Users can also view CSV files in Excel, Google Sheet, etc.
Convert Outlook PST File to CSV File Format via Manually
Follow these steps to start the conversion process:
- Launch MS Outlook on your desktop and select the File tab.
- Here, click the Open option again in the list, select Import.
- Now, select the Import/Export Wizard.
- From there, select the Send to File option and hit Next.
- Then, select the Comma Separated Values (Windows) list and press Next.
- Select the Type of Folder to be sent and click the Next button.
- Next, press the Browse button to navigate to find your destination and click Next.
- Finally, hit “Finish” to complete the process.
These are the steps to follow the conversion of the Outlook PST files to CSV format. There are now some restrictions attached to this method. Find it below:
- This process takes too long
- You need to install Outlook to make this method work
- Make changes to the data and sometimes the data can be lost
- The associated attachments will not be saved
The above restrictions may make you wonder what you should do in such a situation. Well, here we have the best solution to help you avoid all these problems. Find out how.
The best solution to convert Outlook PST contacts to CSV!
For conveniently converting your PST contacts to CSV format a user must go for the professional method of conversion. The steps of the professional method are provided below:
- First, install Softaken Outlook PST to CSV Converter tool in any version of your Windows Operating System
- Now, launch the app
- Insert the Outlook files you need to convert to CSV format
- Take a preview of these files
- Now, click on the “Browse” tab and select the location where you want to save the converted CSV files
- Finally, hit the “Convert” button
The professional method is a convenient method to follow up by the users as:
- It is easy to be handled
- Can be used by any user
- No OS restriction and hence can be used in any of the Windows version
- Provides amazing features
A user must go for this amazing PST to CSV Converter application and download the free demo version. The application helps every user to carry a convenient conversion of Outlook PST Contacts to CSV file format.