You can connect your Garmin device to your FATMAP account easily!Once connected, Garmin adventures will sync automatically to your FATMAP profile.
How can I connect my Garmin account with FATMAP?
It is easy to connect your Garmin account.
1. Navigate to the ProfilE tab within the app.
2. Next, navigate to the new Settings page.
3. You can access all third-party connections by clicking into Tracking apps & Devices. You can connect or disconnect from Strava, Garmin or LifePass, or any future third-party provider.
4. This section will tell you if an account has been connected. You can see that we are connected with Strava, but not Garmin and LifePass. Select Connect to Garmin.
5. Now, the app will open a connection to Garmin and prompt you to log-in using your Garmin account credentials.
6. After logging in, click Accept to agree to the terms and conditions.
7. After being prompted, you will be asked to return into FATMAP. You should then see this screen where you can adjust your visibility settings. You can choose to make your synced adventures visible on your profile by selecting “The FATMAP Community”, or “Only Me,” to keep them hidden. This can be changed at any time. Now You can also modify the visibility of individual adsven.
9. To send GPX directly from your Garmin, ensure that your Garmin device has the appropriate data sharing settings. Scroll down to Connected Apps. Choose FATMAP to enable Courses sharing.
What is the point of my new adventure not being list in FATMAP
You might not be seeing your new adventure in My Adventures if you have connected your Garmin account.
- Most likely, your watch is not synchronizing with Garmin Connect or your Garmin Connect app has not uploaded the track to Garmin’s servers. It could be caused by a lack of internet connectivity (as we all know, it happens in the great outdoors), or because the watch is not synchronized to your phone.
- You can see your Garmin account adventure by opening the Garmin Connect app. To restart the sync, you can also hit the Resync button within the Garmin Connect App.
- Another possibility is that you were recording an adventure that FATMAP doesn’t support.
- FATMAP will ignore the most common activity, which is any indoor activity, such as indoor cycling, yoga, or indoor cycling. FATMAP will ignore such activities.
- It could also be that too much time has passed. Although this service should deliver Garmin adventures within minutes, our tests have shown that it is very fast. However, it will depend on how many activities are processing.
- If your Garmin Connect app uploads the activity to Garmin but you do not see your adventure in FATMAP within 15 minutes, it could be an internal problem. Please reach out to us.
Is FATMAP able to bring in old Garmin activities, or only new ones?
FATMAP will pull in your Garmin account’s last 5 years’ activities. These activities will start rolling in as soon as your Garmin account is connected. They are usually available in My Adventures in about 15 minutes, but it may take longer depending on how many activities have you done in the past 5 years. Every activity that you record after connecting your Garmin and FATMAP accounts, will automatically be added to FATMAP.
How can I find out if my new activity is include in FATMAP
After we process a Garmin activity, we will email you to inform you that a Garmin activity has been adding to your FATMAP account. It is now available to view and share.
How do I manage my Adventure Visibility with Garmin?
These steps will change the visibility options on future Garmin adventures.
- Travel to Profil > Setting
- Click on Devices & Tracking Apps
- Manage Garmin. This will tell you if Garmin has been connect to your FATMAP account.
- Click the Who can view future Garmin recordings? to change the option that best suits you.
Is all my health data, such as HR, speed and cadence, included in FATMAP?
No. FATMAP is a purist for the outdoor. We want people to get outside. We don’t care about your speed or heart rate. We want you to be in a position to view your 3D hike in 3D. You can share it with your outdoor community and do your own analysis.
The geometry of the line, timer time and activity are all added to the equation. That’s it! Other stats can be calculated and crunched using the FATMAP3D engine.
To change your password:Connect FATMAP to your Garmin device
- Login to SAM.
- To search and locate your Person record, click the Person tab and search for your name. Click on your name to open your account.
- Click on the sidebar to edit your login or permissions
- Now, Click Reset Password on the Permissions Page below your login username.
- Click Save to save your settings and you’re good to go
What makes a strong password?
Strong passwords contain more than 8 characters and several symbols. They also do not have any ties to personal information such as your name, birth year, children’s or pets’ names, etc.
Bad PasswordOK PasswordExcellent Passwordkitty1Kitty1Ki77yl0veHackers will have a harder time cracking passwords if they add special characters and numbers to the letters.
It can be hard to remember strong passwords, so it’s tempting to keep using the same one over and again. An attacker could use the password to log in to your SAM website if it is used on more than one site.
To generate a random and secure password, we recommend that you use a password manager. There are password managers built into your browser. You can get some password managers free of charge:
Troubleshooting Guide for inreach login
These steps will help you log in to your account.
- Step 1: To log in to your Garmin Inreach login account, open this guide from a new tab. You can follow the steps as you see them.
- 2:Login by entering your Garmin login details. These details will be provided to you upon signing up or by an authorized representative.
- Now Step 3: After receiving a message indicate that you have been successfully logged in, you will be officially connected to Garmin login!
- Step 4: Garmin login access might have difficulty accepting your login credentials. These steps will help you solve the problem.
explore.garmin.com: Connect FATMAP to your Garmin device
Garmin Explore and inReach accounts is manage. Explore and inReach allow you to communicate, track, share, and map your treks from any location on Earth.
You can check the following thing if you log in from Apps
- Check if the app requires a login.
- The app is open
- Click on the Sign In or Log In button
- Tap on the identification text box
- Enter your identification
- Enter your password
- Click Log in or Sign In
Most users are having trouble accessing their inReach account because they tried to log in to the wrong site. This guide is all about Connect FATMAP to your Garmin device with FATMAP and also explained the Garmin inreach login.If you are facing any issue that relates to the Garmin device then you can you take help from our website.