Just like every other email service, SBCGlobal Email also shows some occasional issues. However, a lot of these issues can be easily resolved from the user end. For example, one of the most commonly occurring issues that users experience is the webmail login issue.
The most common app that Windows users use to operate their SBCGlobal email accounts is Microsoft Outlook. It is so because Outlook has a simple and easy-to-use user interface, better inbox organizational tools, and unlimited storage. And apart from all of these features, you can configure and operate more than one email client on Outlook.
Thus, in case you have got irritated by the email issues on the webmail platform of SBCGlobal, you can configure it on Outlook. This guide will tell you the steps following which you can easily configure your SBCGlobal mail account on the Outlook app.
And along with that, we will tell you the information that you need to fill in while configuring the IMAP/POP and SMTP settings of the SBCGlobal mail account.
But before starting the configuration for your SBCGlobal email account, make sure that you have the following list of things. These things are essential to configure and set up the account on the Outlook app:
- Make sure that you have a proper and stable internet connection. So that you don’t experience any interruption while doing the configuration.
- We suggest you note down all the essential information regarding your SBCGlobal account. Such information includes the email address, username, and password of your SBCGlobal account. You will need all this information while doing configuration.
- Select the Safe Window Mode on your Outlook app so that you don’t experience any interruption from the third-party software while doing the configuration.
- And lastly, do not forget to make a backup of your account to avoid losing any crucial data while doing the configuration.
If you are sure that you fulfill all the above-listed requirements, you can move further to the configuration part. But before jumping directly to the configuration part, we want to list out the incoming and outgoing server settings that you need to configure.
The Incoming Mail Server Settings
The following is the list of Incoming (IMAP/POP) server settings that you need while doing the configuration:
- In the Account type section, you can either select the IMAP or
- If you are selecting IMAP, use mail.att.net as the Incoming Mail Hostname.
- If you want to go with POP, use att.net as the incoming Mail Hostname.
- Then enter 993 as the Incoming Mail Server Port for
- If you have selected POP, enter 995 as the Incoming Mail Server Port
- Then select Yes (for SSL) in the Required Encrypted Connection
- Lastly, select the Yes (for the SBCGlobal Account’s Username, Email address, and password) in the Authentication required
The Outgoing Mail Server Settings
The following is the list of Outgoing (SMTP) server settings that you need to use during configuration:
- Select SMTP in the Account Type
- Then use mail.att.net as the Outgoing Mail SMTP Hostname if you are using IMAP.
- And use att.net as the Outgoing Mail SMTP Hostname if you are using POP.
- Use 465 as the Outgoing Mail SMTP Port number for both IMAP and POP.
- Select Yes (TLS/SSL) in the Required Encrypted Connection
- And select Yes ( for SBCGlobal Account’s Username, email address, and password) in the Authentication required
The above-listed are all essential server setting details that you need while configuring the SBCGlobal email account on the Microsoft Outlook app.
Now let’s move to the configuration part.
Detailed Steps to Configure the SBCGlobal Email Account on Outlook
- So, firstly you need to open the Outlook app on your Windows computer. To do so, tap on the Windows Logo Key on your keyboard. Then type Outlook in the start menu’s search bar. And tap on the MS Outlook icon from the search result.
- Once you open the MS Outlook app, select the File You will find the File option in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Now you need to select Account Settings. So you once click on the Files button, a drop-down menu will open from which you need to select the Account Settings
- Next, select the account settings option. So click on the Account Settings button and select the Account Settings [Add and remove accounts or change existing connection settings] from the drop-down menu.
- The above steps will open the Email Account Settings wizard box. You need to select the New tab in order to run the add account setup.
- Next, a new wizard box will open, named Add New Account. Here you need to choose the Manual Setup or Additional Server Type Once you select this option, tap on the Next button. This way, you will move to the Choose Service page.
- So on the Choose Service page, you have to select the option POP or IMAP- Connect to a POP or IMAP email account. And then again, hit the Next button to move to the next page.
- So in this step, you need to fill in your SBCGlobal Account and Server Settings details to configure the Outlook app. Enter the following POP and IMAP server settings information, along with the SBCGlobal account information.
- In the User Information section, enter your complete name and the SBCGlobal Email address.
- Next, in the Server Information section, first, you need to select between IMAP or POP. Open the drop-down menu to select the Account type.
- If you want to use the IMAP server settings, select mail.att.net as the Incoming E-mail Server. Then put in smtp.mail.att.net as the Outgoing Email Server.
- If you are using the POP server settings, select att.net as the Incoming Email Server. Then select Outbound.att.net as the Outgoing Email Server.
- And lastly, enter your SBCGlobal Account’s Username and Password in the Logon Information
- After completing the above settings, click on the More settings And on the following page, you need to fill in the rest of the POP and IMAP server settings.
- Next, you need to fill in the Internet-Settings of SBCGlobal email So first, tap on the Outgoing Server tab select the following two options:
- My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Use the same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Now you need to open the Advanced tab and put in the Server Ports Numbers for SBCGlobal Service.
- So enter the following information in the Incoming and Outgoing section:
- For Incoming Server settings
- Enter 993 in the Incoming Server section if you are using the IMAP Or enter 995 if you are using the POP settings. Also, select SSL for the Use the following type of encrypted connection section.
- For Outgoing Server settings
- Enter 465 in the Outgoing Server And select TLS if available. Otherwise, choose SSL in the Use the following type of encrypted connection section.
- For Incoming Server settings
- After completing the above information, select the Ok button, and you will come back to the previous page.
- Then, tap on the Test Account Settings option, and then select the Next This way, you will receive the Test is Completed Successfully message. This ensures that your SBCGlobal email account has been successfully configured in the Outlook app.
- Lastly, once you receive the configuration message means that the configuration process of your SBCGlobal mail account on Outlook is complete. Now you just have to press the Finish button to complete the configuration process.
We suggest you stick to the above-given steps to configure the SBCGlobal account on your Outlook app successfully.