LMPC Certificate is issued under the provisions of Legal Metrology Packaged Commodities rule. It’s a certificate mandatory for every packer and manufacturer in India. However, despite that, it’s hardly ever talked about. Thus, through this article, we are going to tell you everything that you need to know about this important certification.
LMPC. Full Form: Legal Metrology Packaged Commodities is a term that’s used to define the legal obligations of packers and manufacturers towards their customers who buy their packaged products. As per the Legal Metrology Packaged Commodity rules, these packers and manufacturers have to acquire LMPC Certificate on a mandatory basis and follow the rules specified in the provisions. The need of this certification is for the well being of the customers.
What is LMPC Certificate?
As a customer, you can’t see inside a packaged product without opening it. By compelling the packers to follow LMPC rules, the department makes them put up a label on the package describing the following details:
- The name of the product
- The specifications of the product
- The ingredient of the package
- The date on which the product was manufactured or imported
- The expiration date of the product
- Contact information of the manufacturer for handling customer grievances
SO, how does Legal metrology department compels the packers and manufacturers to follow these rules? It’s through LMPC Registration. LMPC Certificate means being able to sell packaged products to Indian consumers well maintaining the legitimacy of the business. Therefore, it’s important that you know how to obtain LMPC registration on time.
How to obtain LMPC Certificate for import?
Whether you’re a packer or manufacturer or an importer, the procedure to obtain LMPC registration is the same. It involves the following steps:
- Go to the LMPC department and get the application for Packers and Manufacturer registration.
- Fill the application form with the aid of an LMPC expert. Trust us, you’d need them considering the complex details you’re required to enter in the application.
- Submit the application with the required set of documents.
- Wait as the Legal metrology departments processes the application. It can take around 15 days to process your LMPC request.
- If there are any issues with the application, the department will send you notification to deal with them. In such cases, you will need to do a follow up with the department where you’re required to fix the issues and get verification of the same.
- After you meet every requirement of the Legal metrology Department, you’ll obtain the LMPC registration certificate.
In your LMPC registration certificate, there will be a unique ID that you’ll be, from that point on, required to put on the display pane of the label of your packaged product.
Read More: BEE Certification
Documents required to obtain LMPC registration
Following are the documents you’re required to submit at the LMPC office at the time of application filing.
- Your Identification Proof.
- Your address Proof
- Manufacturing facility details
- Nature of the product
- Name of the product
- Details of the product
- Sample of the display pane.
- A duly filled application form
- Demand Draft of LMPC certification fee or a Bharat-kosh receipt of the same.
LMPC certification is not an optional requirement. As a packer, manufacturer or an importer – any type of product provider – you need to obtain this certificate from the Legal Metrology Department. For assistance, you can reach out to our LMPC experts.